Resources for Teaching and Learning
Welcome to the Resources page of the Center for Adolescent Literacies at UNC Charlotte. Over time the Center has developed and compiled resources for K-12 teachers and students to use to engage students and promote active and impactful learning. We share these through our blogs and wikis (below) and invite you to browse through these resources and use them in your teaching.
- Tutoring.uncc.edu is a project of the Center for Adolescent Literacies at UNC Charlotte and the United Way of Central Carolinas to support tutors and mentors who work with youth in our community. The tutoring website offers a wealth of resources for tutors and mentors.
- The Multiliteracies Wiki has a wealth of resources and ideas for integrating digital technologies into teaching. Developed by teachers, the focus of this resource is on the meaningful application of technology in teaching and learning. This wiki includes links to many Information Communication Technologies and Web 2.0 tools as well as lesson plan ideas and examples of student created projects that integrate technology.
- The Literacy Wiki provides resources to address the needs of diverse learners in K-12 classrooms. The focus is on strategies to improve comprhension, vocabulary and concept learning, writing-to-learn strategies, teacher tools for planning, and resources for literacy tutors.
- The Teaching & Learning in the 21st Century blog offers resources, suggestions, and how-to's on bringing teaching and learning into the 21st Century. We include video how-tos on using technology in K-12 classrooms as well as offering updates on workshops the Center offers. We encourage you to check out this blog and click follow to receive notices about updates.
- The ReadWriteServe Tutor blog offers tips and suggestions for those who tutor K-12 students. Feel free to read our posts and add your comments and questions.